Coach Morgan’s Dad, Jim, passed away 10 years ago tomorrow. Today we’ll honor Jim through a workout Morgan has done on every anniversary since then.
9 Rounds = The Month
24 Pushups = The Day
8 Deadlifts = The Year (2008)
A Note from Morgan…
Jim Bungerz passed away 10 years ago after a six-month fight with ALS. More commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, ALS is a neurodegenerative disease that robs its victims of any use of their muscles-leaving them unable to walk, talk, or even breathe. Despite a fatal diagnosis my dad never gave up or complained. Over his six-month battle with ALS he remained a strong father and husband even as he became confined to a wheelchair. Unlike most Hero WODs, this is not dedicated to a fallen soldier or service member, but like all Hero WODs, this is to salute an individual who gave everything for the ones they love. Not only does this workout look to honor Jim’s courage but it also serves as a celebration of the abilities we have. Too often our capabilities to move are taken for granted and by doing this workout we are reminded that we are lucky to do it when other’s are not so fortunate. The message behind this workout is Get Up For Those Who Can’t!
Post scores to comments.
Compare scores HERE
Derek missed this putt, but you won’t want to miss this tournament. Come play or just come for dinner and silent auction to follow! Tomorrow is the day! Link in Box Brief.
**Save the Dates**
Monday, September 24th: K4K Golf Tournament @ Charter Oaks (REGISTER HERE)
Thanks to the very generous CFNE community, the auction items for the Golf Tournament Dinner on 9/24 are OFF THE HOOK. We decided to drop the price for the dinner only option to $50, so come and bid and get some FANTASTIC deals. Here’s a little sample of what will be on the block:
- Brand new Assault bike
- Normatec Recovery System
- Weekend at Ashley and Bob Ranaldi’s beautiful Martha’s Vineyard home (early June or Mid-September through October – dates to be mutually agreed upon)
- Weekend at Trina and Thorp Foster’s 4 bedroom beach house in RI (spring or summer – dates to be mutually agreed upon)
- 2 Bruins tickets with parking pass
- Dustin Pedroia signed baseball
- Entire Celtics team signed basketball
- NOBULL Backpack and gear
- An hour private session with the one and only Ben Bergeron
- A wine and cheese private event from Wasik’s
- $350 YETI cooler and Yeti bundles of all sorts of Yeti goodies
- Gold and silver earrings from Michelle Marshall’s Inspire Happy Project
- 2 Giants/Titans Football tickets with parking pass
Don’t miss out off the fun. Sign up to play or come to the dinner TODAY! Email email@example.com for more info.
Golf Tournament Schedule
11:00 Shotgun Start (scramble format)
4:00 Cocktail Hour with hors d’ oeuvres, putting contest and raffle