50 Air Squats
7 Strict Pull-ups
10 Power Cleans
Thank you front line workers! We are spotlighting a different front line worker every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Today we’d like to spotlight and thank Renata Santos! Scroll down to read more about her.
Renata Santos- Nursing Assistant
1) How did you get started at CFNE and what did you do before?
Before CFNE, I did kickboxing.
2) Where are you from and where are all the places you’ve lived?
I am Brazilian from Rio De Janeiro (Carioca) lol and I’ve been living in the U.S. for 21 years
3) What’s your favorite Crossfit movement?
Deadlift, I don’t know why I just like it.
4) If you were a Starbucks drink, what would you be and why?
Caramel macchiato, for sure. It’s a very caloric drink but it’s a drink for everyone.
5) If you could only have one meal the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chicken Alfredo with broccoli
6) What is the craziest thing you’ve ever witnessed in your line of work?
A new resident arrived, apparently a very good person. When I went to give him his medicine, he closed the door, pulled me by my hair, and threw me on the floor. I was so scared but was able to call for help and leave his room.
7) What is your favorite book, and why?
Living Beyond Your Feelings by Joyce Mayer
8) What would you name the autobiography of your life?
I would probably name my book Warrior, Fighter, Dreamer.
9) What superpower would you want to possess?
I would like to have the power to help more people.
10) What was the most important lesson you’ve had to learn?
The most important lesson I learned is go be more friendly and less selfish. Especially during these times now, and to say “I love you” to those you love more often.
11) What’s your favorite memory from CFNE?
Any time at CFNE is a good time and memory, the laughter when I drop the barbell because I was not able to pick it up. But I think the Christmas party where we were all well dressed and with clothes lol was a good memory too.