12 Single Dumbbell Hang Power Snatch*/ Odd Object Hang Power Snatches
*Switch hands every 6 reps
We are spotlighting our Frontline Workers as Members of the Month! We’ll hear from a different MOM every Monday – Wednesday – Friday for the rest of the month. For our first spotlight, we have none other that Registered Nurse Daisy Powers! Scroll down to learn more about her.
1) How did you get started at CFNE and what did you do before?
I started at CFNE over 6 years ago when a friend mentioned that she crossfits. I had played college basketball and was looking for a more competitive outlet than my “jogs” that I hated. Of course, I’ve never looked back.
2) Where are you from and where are all the places you’ve lived?
I grew up and Wayland, had a short stint in Waltham after college and came back to Wayland where I live with my three daughters.
3) What’s your favorite Crossfit movement?
4) If you were a Starbucks drink, what would you be and why?
Dunkin Donuts coffee
5) If you could only have one meal the rest of your life, what would it be?
Kraft Mac and Cheese, powder form
6) What is the craziest thing you’ve ever witnessed in your line of work?
Hmmmmm, just one? You wouldn’t believe me if I told you but it involves massive amounts of poop.
7) What is your favorite book, and why?
Audio books, so I can multitask.
8) What would you name the autobiography of your life?
“The things I say post night-shift”
9) What superpower would you want to possess?
10) What was the most important lesson you’ve had to learn?
That in the end, everything turns out ok.
11) What’s your favorite memory from CFNE?
No question, it’ll be the day CFNE opens again……