CFNE Kids Paleo Challenge! Get PSYCHED! I know what you’re thinking…tomorrow night is taco night and I just HAVE TO have my all time favorite corn tortillas! WHERE oh WHERE is corn on this pyramid??? Well it’s not…but check out this awesome recipe for paleo tacos!!! I know I know you think you’re dreaming…nope this is real life and you’re going to love eating paleo! In fact you all should start cooking! Go online, find some recipes that look good or make up your own, and get to it! Make a video or take a picture of your masterpieces and I’ll put them on the website!
Taco Night Paleo Style
2 lbs grass fed ground beef
3 TBSP paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cilantro (if fresh, double the amount)
1/2 tomato finely diced
1-2 cloves garlic
1/4 cucumber finely diced
3-4 leaves of basil
1/2 tsp olive oil
diced hot pepper
bacon? Why not…
In a large skillet, soften the onion in your fat of choice (I use saved bacon grease).
Add the meat and brown on med-low a few minutes, add the spices and stir frequently while cooking.
Add all chopped ingredients to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, set in fridge while you cook the
meat and chop your other toppings.
- 2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil (as needed)
- In small bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well with spoon then use hand to kneed dough.
Dough should be elastic and hold together. If dough is too dry add small amount of water as needed.
- Divide dough in equal balls (7-8). Roll each ball on parchment paper.
- For circular tortilla divide dough with large bowl or large cookie cutter.
- Place olive oil in skillet and bring to medium heat. When olive oil is hot place tortilla cook each
side for 30 to 40 seconds. Remove drain paper towel.
- Continue and cook each tortilla. The longer tortilla fried crispier each tortilla becomes.
Serve warm or cool